We held a two-day bead-making and painting workshop for about 75 young people at Kiyita Family Alliance (KIFAD) in Nansana August 23-24. James Nsamba, Farouk Mukwaya and Peter Kalyongo were the teachers. The colorful beads are made from narrow strips cut from pages of discarded magazines. The strips are rolled up, then glued and varnished. Glue can be made from banana skins. The kids also created a large acrylic-on-canvas painting. In the photo, Farouk Mukwaya is demonstrating the basic techniques.
- Yusuf Ssali and Sophia Barker are working on a new bark cloth artwork
- Christian Diego, Student of the Month
- Ssali's Art Now in San Francisco's Subways
- Namungoona Kids' Art Exhibition set for June
- 200 kids join in December workshops
- African art evades Africans as popularity, recognition increase
- New: Shop Amazon and help Ugandart FREE!
- Ssali featured in Independent Magazine story
- We're holding a big exhibition in Berkeley in November
- Mulago class sends aprons and handbags
- New kids workshop starts in Namungona
- Art Therapy Really Works, Drexel U. Study Shows
- The Football Art Project
- Kalerwe kids art and recycling program on national TV in Uganda
- Art Center Offers Multiple Programs