Kizito Fred Kakinda and Mathias Tusiime have been awarded full scholarships to 12th Annual Arts in Healthcare Summer Intensive at the University of Florida July 8-19. Jill Sonke, Director of the program said that Kakinda and Tusiime were selected because of their innovation and leadership in Uganda in using arts in health care. Kakinda has been working with HIV Patients and orphans since 2005. Tusiime has developed programs linking art to environmental concerns and recycling as well as health issues. Kakinda and Tusiime were key organizers of the Arts in Health Care Conference held at Makerere University in October 2012.
Two members win scholarships to Florida arts program
rees - Jan 18, 2013, 11:21 AM
Sign in to post a comment!
- Yusuf Ssali and Sophia Barker are working on a new bark cloth artwork
- Christian Diego, Student of the Month
- Washington DC Exhibition Jan. 23-27
- Ssali's Art Now in San Francisco's Subways
- Ssali featured in Independent Magazine story
- New: Shop Amazon and help Ugandart FREE!
- We're holding a big exhibition in Berkeley in November
- Mulago class sends aprons and handbags
- New kids workshop starts in Namungona
- Art Therapy Really Works, Drexel U. Study Shows
- The Football Art Project
- Kalerwe kids art and recycling program on national TV in Uganda
- Art Center Offers Multiple Programs